Aligned with Northern West Virginia Dance Council’s mission to promote education in dance and to provide performance opportunities for greater Morgantown and the surrounding communities, the 2018-2019 Morgantown Ballet Company will provide selected dancers with the opportunity to enhance their technique, be educated on current dance trends and historic icons, improve their choreographic skills, and grow their knowledge base of dance genres and movement.
Selected dancers will be offered the following:
• Training and studying of multiple techniques and styles
• Rehearsal and performance opportunities through the WV State Dance Festival, Young Choreographer Initiative, community outreach, and End of Year Celebration
• Choreography education and mentoring
• Resume writing
• Dancer physical wellness
• Audition preparation and mock auditions
• Weekend dance intensive with master teachers
The Morgantown Ballet Company was founded in January of 2008 by former artistic director Lauren Slone as a project of Morgantown Dance. Dan Karasik was the artistic director from August 2012 through August 2018. As the the the performing company of Morgantown Dance, the company is an outlet for dancers seeking advanced training, specifically in the area of performance. Acceptance into the company is by audition or invitation.
The 2020-2021 Morgantown Ballet Company will be under the direction of Interim Director and Morgantown Dance Studio faculty member, Mollie Mock Kaufman. Her biography is available here.